Over the last 15 years, SGS has strengthened its expertise in the field of residential and urban renewal, development and construction through “SGS Living”. The Company has identified the development of the residential market and especially the emerging needs in urban renewal field.
SGS is one of the pioneers in the field of urban renewal in Israel and is the company that has initiated, led and established one of the first evacuation-construction projects in Israel and the first of its kind in Tel Aviv – “Green Park” project in Neve Sharett district of northeast Tel Aviv. The project includes the demolition of 10 old buildings with 154 apartments and the construction of six prestigious residential towers with 447 new apartments, extensive green areas, residents’ club, etc. The project was completed and populated in 2017.
“Green Park” is a groundbreaking urban renewal project and one of the most significant urban renewal projects in Tel Aviv. The project initially and early on, faced many difficulties and regulations, which made it complicated to execute, including legal procedures under the Reluctant Tenant’s Law. SGS has promoted the project since 2006 and actually managed the process of signing contracts with the owners of the old apartments, planning the project, including the process of contacts with the Ministry of Construction and Housing to have the project declared as a construction-evacuation project under the exemption of the tax law.
SGS has a unique social development model which believes that an urban renewal project – is first of all a human engineering project and not just a construction engineering process. The success of a project lies primarily in the recognition and understanding that it is a social project and SGS, therefore, gives full attention to the needs of the owners facing this crucial decision junction.
SGS makes sure always to involve the owners in the planning and the construction of the projects according to its approach of a dialogue with and the participation of the owners in the process – the interest in the success of the projects is common for both SGS and the owners that are partners in the process.
SGS develops and leads many urban renewal projects, the most prominent being:
• Green Park Tel Aviv – an evacuation-construction project in the Neve Sharett district of Tel Aviv, involving the evacuation of 154 residents and the construction of 447 new apartments in 6 residential towers and 80,000 sqm.
• Living Tel Aviv – an evacuation-construction project in the Neve Sharett district of Tel Aviv, involving the evacuation of 180 apartments and the construction of 480 new apartments in three prestigious residential towers of 30 stories each.
• Aliyat Ha’noar, complex – an evacuation- construction project, which includes the evacuation of 180 apartments and the construction of 480 new apartments, along with commercial and office space at Borchov neighborhood in Givataim.
• 3-7 Rambam, Herzliya – an evacuation-construction project, which includes the evacuation of 33 residents and the construction of 101 new apartments.
• Ben-Gurion 255-257 Ramat Gan – a TAMA 38 project, which includes the evacuation of 18 residents and the construction of 60 new apartments.
• 41-51 Ibn Gabirol in Tel Aviv – a TAMA 38 project, which includes the demolition of 7 buildings with 50 apartments, and the construction of a new project of 133 apartments on one of the most desirable streets in Tel Aviv.
• Haglil, Borodeztki, Netanya – an evacuation-construction project, which includes the evacuation of 87 residents and the construction of 280 new apartments.
ranking of leading urban renovation companies in Israel CofaceBdi 2017 To continue reading the article in Hebrew
Which company Israelis think it is best to work for? Every year, as in the last 13 years, we perform the employees survey among tens of thousands of employees in Israel with the aim to analyze their satisfaction from their workplace and in parallel to examine what is important to the Israeli worker about his […]
CofaceBdi Combined risk index summary for October 2017 Deterioration in the Combined risk index of Israel’s economy * About 13.25% of the companies were rated in high and dangerous risk levels * Heading the weak and dangerous branches: Coffee shops and Transport services * Heading the strongest and secure branches: Pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry and […]
47% of the contractors expect prices to continue rising In spite of Government efforts – only 39% of the contractors expect an increase in branch’s activity this year, 47% of the contractors expect dwelling prices to continue rising, 82% of the contractors expect the collapse of construction realization companies to continue this year too. […]