With a proven track record spanning more than 50 years, IDE has established itself at the forefront of the global water industry. The company is a world leader in water treatment solutions, specializing in the development, engineering, construction and operation of some of the world’s largest and most advanced thermal and membrane desalination plants (sea and brackish water), industrial water treatment plants and water reuse facilities. The company has won many prestigious awards, including Desalination Plant of The Year (2016 – Carlsbad and 2014 – Sorek), Desalination Company of the Year award (2011) and Desalination Deal of the Year (2013 – Carlsbad). IDE works in partnership with a wide range of customers – municipalities, oil & gas, mining, refineries, power stations – on all aspects of water projects, delivering 3 million m3/day of high quality water worldwide. IDE was twice included in the MIT Technology Review 50 smartest companies in the world (2015, 2016); and listed no. 2 in Fortune’s list of companies that are changing the world. IDE brings technological leadership, proven reliability and consistent delivery to all our customers. IDE knows that strong partnerships lead to success and growth.
• 2005: IDE operates the 396,000 m3/day Ashkelon Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) plant, one of the world’s largest operating facilities. Winner of the prestigious “Desalination Plant of the Year 2006” award.
• 2008: IDE completes Reliance Industries’ 160,000 m3/day Multi-Effect Distillation (MED) facility – India’s largest desalination plant.
• 2009: IDE’s 525,000 m3/day Hadera SWRO plant follows the success of its Ashkelon plant. Both Hadera and Ashkelon SWRO plants were completed within budget and ahead of schedule, and both produce high quality water at some of the world’s lowest Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) contract prices.
• 2010: IDE commissions 4 x 25,000 m3/day units at Tianjin – making this China’s largest desalination plant with 100,000 m3/day capacity. Capacity was doubled in 2013.
• 2013: The 624,000 m3/day Sorek plant sets signiﬁcant new industry benchmarks in desalination technology, capacity and water cost. It is the largest and most innovative SWRO plant in the world.
• 2015: The 204,412 m3/day Carlsbad Project begins operation. This is the largest seawater desalination plant in the Americas and a complete game changer for desalination in the US. Wins the Global Water Award for Desalination Plant of the Year in 2016.
• 2015: IDE’s horizontal MVC evaporators chosen for China’s first produced water treatment facility.
• 2017: IDE refurbishes a 20-year old SWRO plant to meet 21st century needs – the Charles E. Meyer Desalination Plant, Santa Barbara (up to 23,288 m3/day). A flexible and highly economical solution to exceptional drought threats.
• 2017: IDE’s Expansion of the Reliance Jamnagar Refinery, shortlisted by Global Water Awards 2017 as one of the most impressive technical and sustainable achievements in the sector.
Broad Solution Offering
In addition to its advanced thermal and membrane desalination solutions for sea and brackish water, IDE leverages its technological know-how to provide a wide range of water-related applications.
Industrial Water Treatment Solutions – Leveraging its expertise in advanced water technologies, IDE has developed a horizontal evaporator that improves safety, reliability and cost efficiency for industrial water treatment. Offering an eco-friendly, integrated approach, IDE’s industrial water treatment solutions are ideal for a wide range of industries including oil & gas, coal power, refineries and more.
Water Reuse – IDE is ushering in the next generation of water reuse technologies by dramatically reducing the use of chemicals, while delivering extremely high water quality and reliability.
IDE PROGREEN™ is a breakthrough for the sector – a modular, compact, eco-friendly RO water production system, delivering affordable, sustainable, clean water for a wide variety of industries. This is a revolutionary system that operates without any chemicals, and is just the latest in sustainable technology advances that IDE has introduced.
Local Global Presence
IDE has teams in the US, China, India, Australia and Chile, as well as our headquarters in Israel, enabling full client partnership all over the globe, tailoring each solution to relevant technical and commercial needs. IDE has extensive experience in providing turnkey and Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC) projects and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) services, in addition to establishing and managing Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) projects at competitive rates. IDE engineering resources are always on call for ongoing support.
Worldwide Customer Base
• IDE customers include governments and municipalities, mining industries, power plants and refineries, among them CITIC Pacific Mining in Australia, BHP & AES Norgener in Chile, SDIC in China, Reliance and Essar in India, the Government of Israel, entities in Cyprus and the Caribbean, and more.
• Familiar brands such as Nestlé, Lego and AngloGold Ashanti have also acquired IDE combined energy and water solutions.
A Solid Foundation for Growth
IDE is jointly owned by the Delek Group (50%), a leading international energy and infrastructure group, and Alfa Partners (50%), a private strategic water fund controlled by Avshalom Felber, IDE Executive Chairman, and Amir Lang, former EVP of the Delek Group.
CofaceBdi Combined risk index summary for October 2017 Deterioration in the Combined risk index of Israel’s economy * About 13.25% of the companies were rated in high and dangerous risk levels * Heading the weak and dangerous branches: Coffee shops and Transport services * Heading the strongest and secure branches: Pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry and […]
From the resurgence of cybersecurity to deals seeking to bring cannabis firms to stock exchanges, here are the trends that shaped Israeli M&A in 2018