Ze’ev Scharf & Co. is unique in its focus, at any point in time, on a relatively small number of notable and complex cases, litigated mainly in Israel’s higher courts and involving questions of principle. The firm handles complex proceedings in the field of commercial and economic law, where it represents both leading foreign and domestic companies (including, in carefully selected cases only, international companies), prominent business people and senior public figures, who operate at the heart of economic activity in Israel and abroad.
Owing to the unique nature of the cases handled by the firm – in particular their complexity and sensitivity – and thanks to the limited number of cases handled by the firm at any point in time, each case receives optimal legal care, which is characterized by uttermost attention to details, extensive knowledge, rich experience and a lot of creativity.
Among the firm’s clients are prominent financial institutions – such as banks, insurance companies, provident funds, and trust funds – and the individuals who lead them. The firm also represents companies and corporations from a wide variety of industries, such as: the fuel and energy industry; chemical and petrochemical industry; hi-tech, real estate; development, construction and infrastructure; airlines and more.
Ze’ev Scharf & Co. specializes in leading and handling complex civil disputes (both domestic and international), at various judicial instances:
• Complex Commercial Litigation in Israel and abroad – the firm operates both in Israel and abroad. Whenever services are provided abroad, the firm’s legal services include the overseeing of the legal representation and the provision of advice and support to the foreign firms that litigate the case.
• Corporate Law and Capital Market Litigation – the firm specializes in corporate disputes and control struggles, in the provision of support and consultancy in business crises and in the representation of various holding companies and company officers. The firm also specializes in handling derivative claims, disputes between shareholders and partners and various other proceedings concerned with corporate and securities law.
• Class actions and shareholder derivatives claims – the firm focuses on representing defendants (large corporations, officeholders, and controlling shareholders) in various fields in which class actions and shareholder derivative claims are typically filed in Israel, including corporate and securities laws, consumer law, and so forth.
• Real Estate Suits, Administrative Law, and Libel Suits – the firm is also involved in prominent cases concerning real estate rights (ownership, lease, use and possession rights); in administrative appeals and High Court of Justice petitions; in cases concerning the energy industry and tenders law sector; private criminal complaints; libel suits, and more.
• Family and Estate Law – Ze’ev Sharaf & Co. has extensive experience in both litigating and advising on issues concerning complex disputes related to personal status matters, such as: disputes regarding inheritances; disputes related to the execution or nullification of wills; disputes regarding the enforcement of financial agreements; and disputes regarding property division and resource balancing. The firm also assists its clients in formulating financial agreements and complex divorce agreements.
Ze’ev Scharf & Co.’s Professional Team
Alongside Ze’ev, the firm’s professional team includes three senior partners (Sharon Hale-Gilad, Sharon Ben-Haim and Eran Ozeri), three partners (Dr. Boaz Ben-Amitai, Ran Riff and Tomer Waizel), five associates, and four interns.
As the firm emphasizes integrated teamwork, each case handled by the firm is assigned a team lead by one of the senior partners. The specific composition of the team is tailored to the particular requirements of each case, based mainly on its subject matter and the stage of the proceedings. Ze’ev himself is closely involved in all cases.
Sharon Ben-Haim and Dr. Boaz Ben-Amitai handle, inter alia, class actions; shareholder derivative claims; shareholders disputes and control struggles; and cases involving securities law, insolvency proceedings, and the defense of executives and controlling shareholders.
Sharon Hale-Gilad, Eran Ozeri, Ran Riff, and Tomer Waizel handle, inter alia, the protection of property rights (including Intellectual Property rights); real estate rights; class actions, and shareholder derivative claims (where they mainly represent leading corporations, company officers and controlling shareholders); shareholders disputes and control struggles; High Court of Justice petitions and administrative appeals; as well as matters concerning personal status and family disputes relating to complex assets (such as lawsuits aimed at the enforcement of prenuptial agreements, the nullification or execution of wills, etc.).
Which company Israelis think it is best to work for? Every year, as in the last 13 years, we perform the employees survey among tens of thousands of employees in Israel with the aim to analyze their satisfaction from their workplace and in parallel to examine what is important to the Israeli worker about his […]
From the resurgence of cybersecurity to deals seeking to bring cannabis firms to stock exchanges, here are the trends that shaped Israeli M&A in 2018
Adv. Yoheved Novogroder-Shoshan (Hi-tech Partner) and Adv. Miriam Friedmann (Hi-tech Associate) “Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.” Peter Sondergaard. One of the most significant commodities of our era is data. The availability and novel methods of processing data has enabled medical practitioners to take tremendous strides in […]