With a heritage of more than 70 years, ADAMA is one of the largest companies in the $65 billion global crop protection industry, with a long-term historical growth rate three times the average of the sector. The company’s roots go back to the founding of Israel’s two leading crop protection companies, Agan and Makhteshim, in 1945 and 1952 respectively, which merged in 1997 to create Makhteshim Agan Ltd. This company became known as ADAMA in 2014, with the launch of its global brand. With its roots in the Negev, and its main R&D and manufacturing facilities located in southern Israel, ADAMA is now a leading global company with sales in more than 100 countries. In 2011, ChemChina (the China National Chemical Corporation) acquired a 60% stake in ADAMA, and in 2016 it acquired the remaining 40% from the IDB Group, becoming ADAMA’s sole shareholder. In 2019, ADAMA reported sales of $4.0 billion. ADAMA Agricultural Solution’s bonds are publicly traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
In 2017, ADAMA returned to the public markets by combining with Hubei Sanonda Ltd. a leading Chinese crop protection producer.
In January 2020, ADAMA became part of the Syngenta Group, a newly-formed ag-industry leader, and part of the ChemChina group, created through the bringing together of the agricultural businesses of ChemChina and Sinochem.
ADAMA’s strategy is characterized by three key pillars:
ADAMA offers a wide range of crop protection solutions – herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, plant growth regulators and seed treatments – that improve the quality and quantity of crop yields by providing protection from weeds, insects and disease. The company’s comprehensive product portfolio, one of the world’s largest, comprises more than 270 active ingredients and more than 1,000 end-use products, providing solutions for all needs, for all major crops, in every market.
Global Value Chain
Using its unique end-to-end capabilities of registration, R&D, manufacturing and supply chain, ADAMA leverages its direct farmer access in all key end-markets to create innovative and effective solutions that meet farmers’ needs.
ADAMA has one of the largest crop protection sales and marketing networks in the world, with more than 45 subsidiaries located across every continent, and selling to more than 100 countries. The company has a direct presence in each of the top 20 agricultural markets.
ADAMA’s product ideation process starts with the needs of the farmers and goes through the company’s advanced R&D labs, with teams throughout the world conducting field trials, and achieving market access through unsurpassed registration capabilities in all target markets.
ADAMA has two main operational hubs in Israel and in China, and in addition, several manufacturing facilities worldwide including Brazil and India.
Protection of the Environment
ADAMA understands the importance of protecting the environment, to which the company is strongly committed. ADAMA constantly strives to minimize its environmental footprint throughout the lifecycle of its products: from the development stage, through continuous improvements in production processes, to packaging, distribution and ultimately the products themselves. In recent years, ADAMA has invested more than $250 million in its Israeli production facilities in order to reduce their environmental impact and meet the most advanced global environmental standards.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Active community involvement has always been a priority at ADAMA. The company focuses on programs that support the advancement of education and the sciences, while encouraging its employees to participate in its community relations initiatives. ADAMA invests in educational programs in chemistry, agriculture, sustainability and other areas of enrichment, whose mission is twofold: to cultivate the next generation of scientists, and to support, strengthen and invest in the communities in which ADAMA operates. ADAMA publishes bi-annual Corporate Social Responsibility reports, which provide comprehensive information and insight on its social responsibility agenda and key activities in this crucial area.
From the resurgence of cybersecurity to deals seeking to bring cannabis firms to stock exchanges, here are the trends that shaped Israeli M&A in 2018
CofaceBdi Combined risk index summary for October 2017 Deterioration in the Combined risk index of Israel’s economy * About 13.25% of the companies were rated in high and dangerous risk levels * Heading the weak and dangerous branches: Coffee shops and Transport services * Heading the strongest and secure branches: Pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry and […]