Arkia Israeli Airlines Ltd.

Avi Nakash
Avi Nakash
Chairman of the Board and Co-Owner
Nir Dagan
Nir Dagan
Chief Executive Officer

Arkia, Israel's largest aviation and tourism company offers a host of travel services, both directly, and indirectly through its subsidiaries, with regular flights to attractive destinations in Israel and abroad, as well as charter flights to many and varied overseas destinations. In addition, Arkia offers flights to various European and the Mediterranean Basin destinations, as well as pampering vacation packages to various local and other international destinations. The Company also markets hotel accommodations in Israel and abroad, organized tours, ski vacations, organized tours to Petra and fly and drive overseas vacation packages, with rental cars. 

Line of Business
Aviation and Tourism
Established in 1950

Eight years ago, the Nakash Brothers acquired 70% ownership of Arkia, leaving 30% in the hands of Company employees. Arkia now has 600 employees.
Arkia operates regular flights to European and Mediterranean Basin destinations, such as Barcelona, Larnaca, Amman, Munich, Tbilisi, Kiev, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Dublin, as well as charter flights to popular destinations such as Vienna, the Greek Isles, Crete, Amsterdam, and Croatia.
Arkia is tied by exclusive agreements with airlines that fly to destinations in the Far East Asia via Larnaca and Amman. Flights to Larnaca and Amman are by Arkia aircraft, and then the passengers are put on connecting flights.
Arkia gives top priority to environmental issues, and has taken a number of measures to significantly reduce the environmental pollution caused by flights, including engine-cleaning, reduction in fuel consumption, soil pollution prevention, treatment of hazardous materials, recycling of plastics and maximum control of engine noise near residential areas. Arkia is the first airline in Israel to be approved by the European Union's CO2 Emissions Monitoring Program.
Aircraft Fleet
Arkia has a fleet of modern aircraft that comply with the latest European and American standards:
•  Two Embraer (190 195) jets, 5 advanced aircraft, green, with a capacity of 110/122 seats each , leather seats – this fleet is used by Arkia to Europe and to European isle destinations, and for domestic flights to Eilat.
•  Two Boeing 757-300, with a capacity of 265 seats each – this fleet is used for flights abroad and on domestic routes between Ben Gurion Airport and Eilat.
•  Five ATR 72 aircraft, with 72 spacious leather seats each – this fleet is used  on domestic flights and short haul flights to European destinations, on business flights and special vacation packages in Israel and abroad.
•  Four Airbus 321 NEO, which are expected to be added to the fleet in 2017. In the near term, Arkia will acquire more modern wide-body aircraft and will expand its service to destinations in the US and the Far East.
The umbrella organization of international airlines (IATA, International Air Transport Association), accredited Arkia its highest quality standard in the global airline industry - IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit). This accreditation was awarded to Arkia after it complied with IATA's demanding requirements for operations, safety and international work procedures.
Arkia International
Arkia International, an Arkia  subsidiary, markets flights and vacation packages including hotels and car rentals to central destinations in Europe, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin, Barcelona, Rome, Verona, Geneva, Bucharest, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Ljubljana, Prague, Budapest, Opatija and more. In addition, Arkia International markets vacation packages to various Mediterranean destinations such as Rhodes, Crete, Zakynthos, Antalya, Marmaris, Samos, and Cyprus and has recently begun marketing organized tours to Morocco and Sri Lanka.
AM Aircraft Maintenance and Aviation Services
AM Aircraft Maintenance, an Arkia subsidiary, provides aircraft maintenance services to Arkia, the Ministry of Defense and modern executive aircraft. The Company joined the network of authorized service providers of Bombardier and Dassault, a network with 45 branches worldwide. Bombardier is a giant Canadian transportation company and third largest aircraft manufacturer in the world, while Dassault is a leading European manufacturer of military aircraft and executive jets. AM Aircraft Maintenance provides unique warranty services on behalf the respective manufacturer, employs 90 employees, and operates out of Sde Dov and Ben-Gurion Airports.
Arkia focuses on professional and courteous service to some one million passengers each year.
ADDRESS Sde Dov Airport, P.O.B. 36301, Tel Aviv 61392  TEL 972-3-6902221  FAX 972-3-6902206  WEBSITE